Thursday 8 January 2009

oh, hello people. i come in peace ;-)


handsome, isn't he?


hello all the geeks of the world!

finally the day has arrived when i am forcefully thrust into this blogging frenzy. seriously, i never thought that there would be a day when my educational future would depend on this. oh, the horror. *moans*

but before you misunderstand, no, i don't have anything against blogging. it's just that i can never come up with anything to write in a blog. everytime i tried, my head would go blank to the point that i can see jimmeny cricket hopping around in my mind.

this is not my first attempt at blogging. trust me, i have started and *coughs* neglected not just one, but maybe two blogs before this. i could only manage to commit myself enough to say hello and it was "auf wiedersehen!" soon after. i have problems with commitment or something, i guess. i wonder if there's a chance of running away from doing this, hmmm, tempting, oh so tempting. *slaps self* don't worry dr. izaham, i promise this time around, i will 110% commit to this blog! at least until the semester ends. *sniggers*

oh, my name is syarifah norrasyidah syed mohri, but most people know me as sipi. it's so like me to forget introducing myself. sheesh!

okay now, for the serious part. basically, i'm literate enough about computers that it wouldn't crash and burn whenever i come near one. my expertise is limited to the basic of computer programs like microsoft office and its counterparts, a bit of photoshop here and there, stalking people on websites like facebook, downloading and uploading pirated files on p2p programs, and... oh no, my memory leaves me at that. nevermind, i'll update this part once my brain upgraded. :)

oh yeah, i may remember some visual basic, but my knowledge now is so insignificant it may not be worth mentioning. (i didn't do it for fun, i took IT back in high school, which explains why it is now insignificant. hehe.)

don't be fooled though, we geeks aren't very good at this techy stuff!

alright, moving on now. i am able to do a bit of maintanence on my computer and stuff. like keeping it organized, defragging it (is there such a word?), installing and uninstalling programs, burning dvds (remember the "pirated files" i often download? shhh.) and keeping it clean from malicious virus, worms, spyware, malware, yada yada yada. nothing a child these days couldn't do. i may remember a bit of visual basic, since i used to learn it in high school. other than that, if you disconnect all the wires from the computer, i may be able to reconnect them. that's all i think.

hmmm, what else? oh yeah, this is an assignment for my CALL class, i forgot to mention that. this is why i've been droning on and on about what i can do with computers (hmm that doesn't sound right. haha!). let me check the questions again.
  1. What computer software you know how to utilize?
  2. What hardware skills and knowledge do you have?
  3. What computer/Internet activities do you have and/or often engaged in? e.g. download songs, upload videos.

okay, so i'm left with the last one now, yeayy! i need a second to recall this part. hmm. well, to make things easy, i'm just going to list them down. here it goes!

  1. facebook-ing, friendster-ing. (who doesn't these days? hehe.)
  2. reading celebrity gossips on http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/ (oh baby suri is just the cutest!)
  3. downloading music into my ipod. (gosh, i promise i still buy original cds! please don't let me get caught!)
  4. watching online tv and videos on http://www.youtube.com/
  5. browsing for information and articles for my assignments. (i'm a geek, remember?)
  6. what else? oh, chatting on ym or skype.
  7. i've saved the best for last. ONLINE SHOPPING! (i don't do this regularly otherwise my dad would kill me. but i do buy some stuff from people's blogs)

okay, sheesh this is tiring! but not bad for a third try. hahaha. i'm gonna rest my fingers now. off you go, tata! :)

2 comments:

  1. The in-class tasks will give you ideas about what to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dr izaham :)
    i will do my best in keeping this blog up and running!

    ReplyDelete